Grilled Steaks with Cilantro Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 pounds beef flat iron steaks or top sirloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1. Place herbs, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a food processor; pulse until herbs are chopped. Gradually add oil, vinegar, lemon juice and pepper flakes, processing just until blended.
- 2. Sprinkle steaks with remaining salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cut steaks into 1/4-in. slices; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings (3 cups sauce).
6 ounces beef with 1/3 cup sauce equals 901 calories, 78 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.