- covered, over medium heat for 16-20 minutes or until onions are
- tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Let steak stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine
- the greens, beans, red peppers and grilled onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, basil, oil and mustard. Pour 1/4
- cup over salad; toss to coat. Divide among four salad plates. Slice
- flank steak across the grain; arrange over salads. Drizzle with
- remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 367 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.