Grilled Steak Salad with Tomatoes & Avocado Recipe
My family loves a good steak dinner, but with busy schedules, I'm often thinking about ways to put new and simple twists on things. This salad is flavored with the freshness of lemon and cilantro and is one of my husband's favorite weeknight dishes. —Lyndsay Wells, Ladysmith, British Columbia
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 inches thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed (1/2 inch)
- 1. Rub both sides of steak with oil; sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, green onions, cilantro, lemon peel, lemon juice and salt; gently stir in avocado. Cut steak into slices; serve with bean mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC