Grilled Steak Salad with Tomatoes & Avocado Recipe
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 inches thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed (1/2 inch)
- Rub both sides of steak with oil; sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, green onions, cilantro, lemon peel, lemon juice and salt; gently stir in avocado. Cut steak into slices; serve with bean mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Steak Salad with Tomatoes & Avocado
Sort By :
Quick yummy week night dinner! We loved it!
Quick and yummy. Served with crusty bread. My husband requested I make it again soon. Might be good with red pepper and some lime juice. Serves 4-5 for sure.
Just had it for dinner tonight. It's a keeper. I did add a little olive oil to the salad and a yellow pepper.
Simple and delicious! The steak is perfectly seasoned and the salad is a light, fresh complement. I agree that 12 servings would be a stretch. I made this for my family of 4, and I think there is one serving leftover. My preschool children enjoyed the meat and the salad as well.
This recipe was good. I thoroughly enjoyed the bean salad. One thing I noticed is it says this recipe serves 12. I'm not sure how a 1.5 pound steak feeds 12. That needs adjusted to 4-5 servings. Otherwise, great meal.