Grilled Steak Salad with Tomatoes & Avocado Recipe
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 inches thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed (1/2 inch)
- Rub both sides of steak with oil; sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, green onions, cilantro, lemon peel, lemon juice and salt; gently stir in avocado. Cut steak into slices; serve with bean mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Steak Salad with Tomatoes & Avocado
Sort By :
"This is a great summer recipe, but it also works well when the grills are put away for the year. A little lime juice on the 'salsa' tastes good. There are some good commercial Creole seasonings, but homemade works well, too."
"Quick yummy week night dinner! We loved it!"
"Quick and yummy. Served with crusty bread. My husband requested I make it again soon. Might be good with red pepper and some lime juice. Serves 4-5 for sure."
"Just had it for dinner tonight. It's a keeper. I did add a little olive oil to the salad and a yellow pepper."
"Simple and delicious! The steak is perfectly seasoned and the salad is a light, fresh complement. I agree that 12 servings would be a stretch. I made this for my family of 4, and I think there is one serving leftover. My preschool children enjoyed the meat and the salad as well."