Grilled Steak Salad with Tomatoes & Avocado Recipe
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 inches thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed (1/2 inch)
- Rub both sides of steak with oil; sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, green onions, cilantro, lemon peel, lemon juice and salt; gently stir in avocado. Cut steak into slices; serve with bean mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Steak Salad with Tomatoes & Avocado
Sort By :
Just had it for dinner tonight. It's a keeper. I did add a little olive oil to the salad and a yellow pepper.
Simple and delicious! The steak is perfectly seasoned and the salad is a light, fresh complement. I agree that 12 servings would be a stretch. I made this for my family of 4, and I think there is one serving leftover. My preschool children enjoyed the meat and the salad as well.
This recipe was good. I thoroughly enjoyed the bean salad. One thing I noticed is it says this recipe serves 12. I'm not sure how a 1.5 pound steak feeds 12. That needs adjusted to 4-5 servings. Otherwise, great meal.
We really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy, fairly healthy and tasty. As suggested by a previous reviewer I added minced garlic to the salad and also on the steak. I felt like there was something missing from the salad but I cannot put my finger on exactly what that would be. Overall, a nice recipe for a weeknight summer dinner.
This recipe was simple and quick and most importantly, delicious! I added mango to the salad and it sweetened the salad up just a bit. Yum!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Bean Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Side Dishes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Beef Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Grilling Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Tomato Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >