Grilled Steak Salad with Fruit Recipe
Bring an impressive meal to the table with Candice Garcia's tropical take on steak salad. The Winter Haven, Florida cook's combination of ingredients is mouthwatering!
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup julienned peeled jicama
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 3 tablespoons marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Divide the romaine, mango, jicama, onion and steak between two serving plates. Stir honey into reserved marinade; drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 430 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 9g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Steak Salad with Fruit
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC