Grilled Steak Salad with Fruit Recipe
Bring an impressive meal to the table with Candice Garcia's tropical take on steak salad. The Winter Haven, Florida cook's combination of ingredients is mouthwatering!
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup julienned peeled jicama
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 3 tablespoons marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Divide the romaine, mango, jicama, onion and steak between two serving plates. Stir honey into reserved marinade; drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Steak Salad with Fruit in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p18
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Steak Salad with Fruit(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Salads >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Mango >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >