Grilled Steak Pinwheels Recipe
- 2 beef flank steaks (1 pound each), trimmed
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. Flatten steaks to 1/4-in. In a large bowl, combine the bacon, mushrooms, onions, basil and chives; spread evenly over steaks.
- 2. Roll the meat up and secure with skewers or toothpicks. Cut each roll into 1/2- to 3/4-in. slices and secure with a toothpick.
- 3. Grill over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove toothpicks. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 145 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.