I've been serving this recipe to family and friends for 20 years and very seldom do I have any leftovers. We try to keep the house cool, so we grill out often. I get most of the herbs in this recipe from my son's garden.
- 2 beef flank steaks (1 pound each), trimmed
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Flatten steaks to 1/4-in. In a large bowl, combine the bacon, mushrooms, onions, basil and chives; spread evenly over steaks.
- Roll the meat up and secure with skewers or toothpicks. Cut each roll into 1/2- to 3/4-in. slices and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove toothpicks. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Steak Pinwheels in Country June/July 1996, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Steak Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review