Grilled Steak Pinwheels Recipe
- 2 beef flank steaks (1 pound each), trimmed
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Flatten steaks to 1/4-in. In a large bowl, combine the bacon, mushrooms, onions, basil and chives; spread evenly over steaks.
- Roll the meat up and secure with skewers or toothpicks. Cut each roll into 1/2- to 3/4-in. slices and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove toothpicks. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Steak Pinwheels
Sort By :
This was great!
I love this! However, if you want to grill these pinwheels sliced, you really need to MINCE all the ingredients so they will not fall out during grilling. I used larger pieces of basil and also some minced garlic. Grilled the entire flank steak with the skewers in, for about 15 minutes on one side and 5 on the other, then took them off the grill an it was still too rare inside, so I THEN sliced them into pinwheels and put them back on the grill and the ingredients did not fall out. Really a great taste. For 4 people really one flank steak is enough, but up to you. One will serve 4 with lite appetites. I served with grilled pineapple slices and tossed green salad. Nice
Barely any flavor and not worth the time and energy making (very messy). I mixed cream cheese and pesto and served it on top as a sauce to make it tasty.
The combined bacon, mushrooms, onion, basil, and chives is so amazingly delicious. Put all together it is great. I think the filling would be great with any steas just on the side.