Grilled Steak Bruschetta Salad
At your next party, fire up the grill for this tasty salad. The meat will be done in a snap, leaving you more time to entertain. —Devon Delaney, Princeton, New Jersey
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup prepared bruschetta topping or vegetable salad of your choice
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium
- heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill bread, covered, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted;
- place on salad plates.
- Thinly slice steak; arrange over toast. Top with arugula and
- bruschetta topping; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Drizzle with
- dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without cheese) equals 412 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 950 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.