You'll want to fire up the grill just to make this impressive entree. The steaks cook quickly, and the salad prep takes almost no time at all. —Devon Delaney, Princeton, New Jersey
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup prepared bruschetta topping or vegetable salad of your choice
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill bread, covered, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted; place on salad plates.
- Thinly slice steak; arrange over toast. Top with arugula and bruschetta topping; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Steak Bruschetta Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p17
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Steak Bruschetta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review