- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup prepared bruschetta topping or vegetable salad of your choice
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill bread, covered, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted; place on salad plates.
- Thinly slice steak; arrange over toast. Top with arugula and bruschetta topping; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Steak Bruschetta Salad
Sort By :
"To cut the cost a little, I used a flank steak in place of the beef tenderloin and it was delicious!! I told my hubby this is a recipe for when we have guests! My 6yro even loved it!"
"So good and very easy."
"This is a wonderful salad. I did not use the salad dressing; didn't need it. Made my own bruschetta topping with 1 T. olive oil and 1 t. balsamic vinegar and that was enough for the dressing. Thanks for the wonderful salad idea"