Grilled Steak Appetizers with Stilton Sauce Recipe
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese, cubed
- 1. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove meat to a cutting board and keep warm.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Add cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add sour cream and cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- 3. Cut steaks into 1-in. cubes; skewer with toothpicks. Serve with sauce. Yield: 20 appetizers (3/4 cup sauce).
1 each: 60 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Steak Appetizers with Stilton Sauce
"This recipe is awesome...but only if you like Stilton of Blue cheese....which I do!"
"Stilton cheese is nasty. Might have been a little better with the chicken broth instead of wine, but my husband and I both thought this was pretty awful. Our steaks were good, but the sauce......no."
"I was very leery of the Stilton cheese after removing it from the package and getting the distinct smell of "feet". But this sauce is smooth and wonderful, we ate it with steaks. It would also complement steamed broccoli or cauliflower wonderfully!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.