Grilled Steak Appetizers with Stilton Sauce Recipe
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese, cubed
- 1. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove meat to a cutting board and keep warm.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Add cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add sour cream and cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- 3. Cut steaks into 1-in. cubes; skewer with toothpicks. Serve with sauce. Yield: 20 appetizers (3/4 cup sauce).
1 appetizer with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 60 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.