Here’s a hearty appetizer that’ll get any gathering off to a delicious start. The rich, creamy cheese sauce complements the grilled steak to perfection. —Radelle Knappenberger, Oviedo, Florida
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese, cubed
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove meat to a cutting board and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Add cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add sour cream and cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- Cut steaks into 1-in. cubes; skewer with toothpicks. Serve with sauce. Yield: 20 appetizers (3/4 cup sauce).
Originally published as Grilled Steak Appetizers with Stilton Sauce in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Steak Appetizers with Stilton Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review