Grilled Steak and Mushroom Salad Recipe
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch)
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 medium bunch romaine, torn
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon mustard, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes. Turn; spread with mustard mixture. Grill 4 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Stir in the vinegar, remaining oil and mustard.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain; add to mushroom mixture.
- Serve over romaine. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Steak and Mushroom Salad in Country Woman July/August 2006, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Steak and Mushroom Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2011
"Excellent Spring Dish..."