Grilled Squash Medley Recipe
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Dot with butter; season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- 2. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with cheeses. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup: 106 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Grilled Squash Medley
"This recipe was excellent! I prepared it a little differently; I didn't have zucchini, and I shredded the carrots and squash (it almost made a warm slaw). I also used kosher salt, a little bit of coriander and double the butter. Everyone really liked these easy grilled veggies!"