Grilled Squash Medley
Take vegetables from the garden to the grill to the table in minutes with this simple side dish. Kathleen Ruggio of Oswego, New York notes that this colorful combination of yellow summer squash, carrot, onion and zucchini makes a great addition to any menu—regardless of the main entree.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18
- in. x 12 in.). Dot with butter; season with salt, pepper and garlic
- powder. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over
- medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender,
- turning once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle
- with cheeses. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 106 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.