Take vegetables from the garden to the grill to the table in minutes with this simple side dish. Kathleen Ruggio of Oswego, New York notes that this colorful combination of yellow summer squash, carrot, onion and zucchini makes a great addition to any menu—regardless of the main entree.
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Dot with butter; season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with cheeses. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Squash Medley in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p10
Reviews for Grilled Squash Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review