Grilled Spicy Chicken Wings
These Tex-Mex inspired wings are great as a party appetizer, but I also use them for dinner. Just pair the wings with a spicy rice and bean dish and a salad.—Julie Butler, Puyallup, Washington
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) green enchilada sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup mild green taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In
- a large resealable plastic bag, combine enchilada sauce and lime
- juice. Add wings; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6 hours
- or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine taco sauce and butter. Drain chicken wings
- and discard marinade. Grill wings, covered, over indirect medium
- heat for 10 minutes. Turn; grill 10-20 minutes longer or until
- juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with sauce.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken wing equals 68 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer