Grilled Spiced Fish Recipe
- 4 red snapper or orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, basil and thyme
- 1. Spoon oil over fish. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; sprinkle over fish and press into both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 202 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.