Grilled Spiced Fish
These moist flaky fillets provide a welcome change of pace at summer cookouts. Chris McBee of Xenia, Ohio peppers a savory herb rub with cayenne, then works it into the fish. Even steak lovers will be smacking their lips.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 red snapper or orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, basil and thyme
- Spoon oil over fish. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings;
- sprinkle over fish and press into both sides. Cover and refrigerate
- for 30 minutes.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or
- until fish flakes with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 202 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.