Grilled Snapper with Caper Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/4 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small food processor, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the fillets; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a small food processor. Cover and process until blended. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 272 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.