Grilled Sirloin Recipe
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour a fourth of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from steak. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 251 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Sirloin
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.