My husband and I and our four children are missionaries to Australia. We use this great tasting marinade just about every time we barbecue, which is often in this sunny part of the world.—Jennie Sauvageot of Pailba, Queensland
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour a fourth of
- the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal
- bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover
- and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Using long-handled tongs,
- moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill
- rack. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the
- heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with
- reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces equals 251 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,