Grilled Sirloin Teriyaki Recipe
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1/2 pound)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef equals 163 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.