The marinade for this super-tender Asian-style beef also works well with fish, chicken and pork. Fast and fabulous! —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
Featured In: 24 Game-Changing Grilling Recipes For Two
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1/2 pound)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a greased grill rack, grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sirloin Teriyaki in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p18
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Sirloin Teriyaki
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review