Grilled Sirloin Steak
Once you taste this delectable steak - a cookout favorite for my family - you'll think of it time and time again. The marinade gives it savory seasoning, plus it tenderizes the meat.
-Diann Mallehan, Grand Rapids, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (about 3 pounds and 2 inches thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at
- least 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard the marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat.
- Grill steak, covered, over indirect medium heat or until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 8
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.