Grilled Sirloin Salad Recipe
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Place onion and green pepper on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.; set aside.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 4. Grill vegetable packet, covered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- 5. Let steak stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salad greens, raspberries and grilled vegetables. In a small bowl, whisk the salt, pepper and remaining oil and vinegar; pour over salad and toss to coat. Slice steak across the grain; arrange over salad. Yield: 2 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 441 calories, 33g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Sirloin Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.