My grandmother passed this recipe down to my mom, and it's a gem. The tasty sauce makes the beef and carrots so tender, and it's made with many ingredients you'll already have on hand. You won't want to eat pot roast any other way! —Krista Smith Kliebenstein, Broomfield, Colorado
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt and mustard until smooth; set aside. Sprinkle pepper and remaining salt over roast.
- Grill roast over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Transfer to a heavy-duty 13-in. x 9-in. disposable foil pan. Pour reserved sauce over roast. Top with the carrots, tomatoes and onion. Cover pan with foil.
- Grill over indirect medium heat for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sirloin Roast in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Sirloin Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review