Grilled Sirloin Roast Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt and mustard until smooth; set aside. Sprinkle pepper and remaining salt over roast.
- Grill roast over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Transfer to a heavy-duty 13-in. x 9-in. disposable foil pan. Pour reserved sauce over roast. Top with the carrots, tomatoes and onion. Cover pan with foil.
- Grill over indirect medium heat for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Sirloin Roast
Sort By :
"We browned the roast on the grill then put it all in a crock pot for three hours. Its very good."
"This is a really nice twist on pot roast. The sauce hovers somewhere between a barbecue sauce and a sweet-n-sour sauce. I used my homemade fermented ketchup from the Nourishing Traditions cookbook and it worked great. This also turns out in the oven if you don't have the three hours or propane to do it on the grill - prep as directed and then roast at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes per pound of roast. Goes great with the Sour Cream Potatoes."