Grilled Sirloin Kabobs with Peach Salsa
Peaches, peach preserves and peach salsa shine in these beef kabobs with a classic blend of hot and sweet flavors. — Beth Royals, Richmond, Virginia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium peaches, cut into sixths
- 1-1/2 cups peach salsa
- In a small bowl, mix preserves and jalapeno. Season beef with salt
- and pepper. Alternately thread beef and peaches onto six metal or
- soaked wooden skewers.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub
- on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until beef reaches
- desired doneness, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; brush
- with preserves mixture. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob with 1/4 cup salsa equals 219 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 427 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch,