- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium peaches, cut into sixths
- 1-1/2 cups peach salsa
- In a small bowl, mix preserves and jalapeno. Season beef with salt and pepper. Alternately thread beef and peaches onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; brush with preserves mixture. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Grilled Sirloin Kabobs with Peach Salsa
Sort By :
Thought this needed more flavor. The only thing I did was grill peaches and a streak; kabobs are to much of a hassle. I like the idea of making this with a pork tenderloin.
I made this with pork tenderloin instead of steak. I marinated the pork in the sauce for several hours before grilling. It was very flavorful. Will definitely make again.
I thought it needed a little more flavor.
YUM! This recipe was super simple to make and delicious to scarf up. No changes/substitutions to note, just make sure to use top-quality beef, brought up to room temp. before grilling. The peaches I used were slightly underripe, which actually worked out perfectly for cooking. They held together, and softened on the grill. Served on a bed of orzo. Thoroughly enjoyed this summery, lean meal.