- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour a fourth of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sirloin Steak in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p27
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Sirloin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review