Grilled Shrimp with Spicy-Sweet Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 45 uncooked large shrimp (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, green onion and Sriracha. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Thread three shrimp onto each of 15 metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with sauce. Yield: 15 servings (1/3 cup sauce).
3 shrimp with 1 teaspoon sauce: 56 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 lean meat.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp with Spicy-Sweet Sauce
"Sauce was phenomenal! Definitely will do again. I did a half batch of shrimp but a full batch of sauce and ate as main meal rather than appetizer."
"Awesome - I will make this one again."
"This was very good, quick and easy"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer