Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; add shrimp.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked shrimp equals 140 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Vinaigrette
"Nice lemony garlic flavor after grilling. This was easy to do and a great summer dinner."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.