I keep my marinades heart-healthy by choosing monounsaturated oils such as olive oil, and use lower-calorie spice- or citrus-based marinades, sauces and rubs to add flavor. —Amber Massey, Fort Worth, Texas
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; add shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Vinaigrette in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p38
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2014
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2012
"Nice lemony garlic flavor after grilling. This was easy to do and a great summer dinner."