Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. In a small food processor, combine the cilantro, ginger and garlic; cover and process until cilantro and garlic are chopped. While processing, gradually add oil and lemon juice in a steady stream until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl; set aside.
- 2. Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with cilantro sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
3 shrimp with 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce: 179 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Sauce
"I love this recipe"
"This is an absolutely awful recipe. The Cilantro Sauce is bitter, the shrimp tasteless."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.