Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. In a small food processor, combine the cilantro, ginger and garlic; cover and process until cilantro and garlic are chopped. While processing, gradually add oil and lemon juice in a steady stream until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl; set aside.
- 2. Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with cilantro sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
3 shrimp with 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce: 179 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Sauce
"I love this recipe"
"This is an absolutely awful recipe. The Cilantro Sauce is bitter, the shrimp tasteless."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.