Make this zippy, change-of-pace recipe from our Test Kitchen for a lip-smacking cilantro sauce that really dresses up grilled shrimp.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small food processor, combine the cilantro, ginger and garlic; cover and process until cilantro and garlic are chopped. While processing, gradually add oil and lemon juice in a steady stream until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl; set aside.
- Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with cilantro sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Sauce in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2011
"I love this recipe"
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2011
"This is an absolutely awful recipe. The Cilantro Sauce is bitter, the shrimp tasteless."