I came up with this recipe when my daughter grew a beautiful jalapeno plant last summer. I already had cilantro in the garden, so it seemed like a great combination for a tasty sauce. —Elizabeth Lubin, Huntington Beach, California
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cilantro, oil, chives and garlic. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and process until blended. Chill until serving.
- Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Dipping Sauce in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review