Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cilantro, oil, chives and garlic. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and process until blended. Chill until serving.
- Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Sort By :
I made this for a get together with neighbors and it was a real hit! I'm using extra dipping sauce on fish tacos this week.
This is really tasty. My whole family loved it. I added some lime juice to the marinade. Served over a bed of orzo.
The sauce really made this recipe. Fabulous! Marinade was ok but probably any marinade/seasoning would work for the shrimp. Definitely an abundance of sauce. Next time will half sauce or double the shrimp.
This is fabulous. Loved it!
I made this dish for Easter brunch. My family loved it. No changes.