Succulent shrimp get a flavor boost from the sweet-hot sauce. Served on skewers, they make a fabulous addition to a summer menu. —Carole Resnick, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 12 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 slices Canadian bacon, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, apricot nectar and chipotle powder. Chill until serving.
- Thread shrimp and bacon onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 skewers (2/3 cup sauce).
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp with Apricot Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p41
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp with Apricot Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review