Grilled Shrimp with Apricot Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 12 uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 slices Canadian bacon, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, apricot nectar and chipotle powder. Chill until serving.
- Thread shrimp and bacon onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 skewers (2/3 cup sauce).
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp with Apricot Sauce(6)
Sort By :
The description incorrectly refers to the shrimp as being bacon-wrapped. The Canadian bacon is actually halved and threaded onto the skewers with the shrimp.
This correction will be made soon and we apologize for the error.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
I just used apricot jam and thinned it down with some orange juice, tasted great and served them over rice. Will do again.
Sounds good, but I'm confused. Description says "bacon-wrapped" yet the recipe says to thread it onto the skewers. Which is it?
Apricot nectur is found in the fruit juices section of most groceries.
Apricot nectar is a apricot juice type drink. If you can't find it I would just puree some apricots. I think I'd puree canned apricots in natural juice for best effect - hope that helps!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Shrimp Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Appetizers >
- Shrimp Appetizers >
- Shrimp Appetizers >
- Shrimp Dip >
- Shrimp Dip Recipes >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Winning Appetizers >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >