Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread shrimp. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
1/3 pound: 308 calories, 20g fat (2g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp Skewers
"This recipe is amazing as is! Our family loves it!"
"I loved this recipe, I really enjoyed that parsley flavor. My favorite shrimp skewer recipe is definitely this Asian style shrimp and squid skewer: http://www.homedouxhogar.com/world-cuisine/2014/7/19/asian-style-shrimp-and-squid-skewers"
"Wee liked it because it wasn't too spicy. I might try it with cocktail sauce."
"With a little bit of cayenne or some red chili peppers, this recipe would have 5 stars. Very good!"
"My husband now requests this regularly. He loves it paired with a grilled steak and it is so easy I don't have to save it for a special occasion."
"Sounds good but have not made it as yet. My husband wants to give it a try."
"Simple and easy. I added a few sprinkles of crushed red chile peppers, so the shrimp were very "tangy." I liked the extra "heat," but it would probably be suffiently spicy without the crushed peppers. I also skipped the skewers and just use a grilling basket. This recipe is certainly worth the try."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.