Grilled Shrimp Skewers
“This recipe is similar to a barbecue shrimp dish I love at a restaurant in Florida,” writes Sandy Lutz from North Canton, Ohio. “I serve it as an entree with brown rice and a salad, but it could work as an appetizer, too.”
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight
- ingredients; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate
- for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread shrimp. Grill, covered,
- over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn
- pink, turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 skewer equals 308 calories, 20 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 252 mg cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of