“This recipe is similar to a barbecue shrimp dish I love at a restaurant in Florida,” writes Sandy Lutz from North Canton, Ohio. “I serve it as an entree with brown rice and a salad, but it could work as an appetizer, too.”
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread shrimp. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp Skewers in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review