I first tried a salad very similar to this when visiting a friend in Florida. When I returned, I was determined to create the same refreshing combination at home. The secret is the coconut-milk marinade—makes the shrimp incredibly tender and flavorful. —Sarah Vasques, Milford, New Hampshire
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette.
- Drain and discard vinaigrette. Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Divide the salad ingredients among four plates; top with shrimp. Serve with reserved vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp Salads with Coconut Vinaigrette in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p214
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp Salads with Coconut Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review