Grilled Shrimp Panzanella Recipe
I like to liven up typical tossed salad with tender grilled shrimp, bread cubes and feta cheese. The colorful dish is an attractive addition to party buffets. —Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min. YIELD:21 servings
- 1-1/2 cups Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) ciabatta bread, halved lengthwise
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Pour 1 cup salad dressing in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, brush bread with 1/4 cup salad dressing. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Cut bread into cubes; set aside.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine salad greens and remaining dressing; toss to coat. Add the tomatoes, cheese, onion, olives, garlic, shrimp and bread cubes; toss to combine. Yield: 21 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 129 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC