Grilled Shrimp Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1/4 cup gluten-free reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- MANGO SALSA:
- 1/2 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 2. For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the mango, onion, peppers, cilantro and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp on two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 4. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Place shrimp on lettuce leaves; top with salsa and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
2 wraps equals 173 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 609 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
"I served this delicious recipe for lunch with broiled carrots with cinnamon/vanilla butter; and broiled onions, tomato wedges, and fresh pineapple salsa. We had raspberry lemonade and for dessert, fresh pineapple. Thanks for the recipe, Gretchen."
"Excellent and easy."
"EXCELLENT CHOICE OF USING SHRIMP FOR A LETTUCE WRAP. LOVE IT."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.