"This recipe makes a great summer dinner," says Gretchen Perkins of Richmond, Virginia. It's also fits in nicely to a gluten-free diet.
- 1/4 cup gluten-free reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- MANGO SALSA:
- 1/2 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the mango, onion, peppers, cilantro and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp on two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Place shrimp on lettuce leaves; top with salsa and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp Lettuce Wraps in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p15
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review