Grilled Shrimp Fajitas Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Wrap a strip of bacon around each shrimp; secure ends with toothpicks.
- 2. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp, peppers and onion. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender, basting frequently with barbecue sauce.
- 3. Remove shrimp and vegetables from skewers; discard toothpicks. Place on one side of each tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomato and cheese; fold over. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 469 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,148 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp Fajitas
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.