“This entree assembles quickly and has very little preparation or cleanup,“ explains Amy Hammons of Martinez, Georgia. “It’s so delicious…and impressive enough to serve for guests. My family always shows up for this meal!“
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Wrap a strip of bacon around each shrimp; secure ends with toothpicks.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp, peppers and onion. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender, basting frequently with barbecue sauce.
- Remove shrimp and vegetables from skewers; discard toothpicks. Place on one side of each tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomato and cheese; fold over. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp Fajitas in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p26
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review