Grilled Shrimp Appetizer Kabobs Recipe
The simple combination of pineapple, onion and marinated shrimp has turned me into a fan of seafood appetizers. — Michele Tungett, Rochester, Illinois
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (8-10 ounces)
- 10 fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade for basting. Add shrimp to remaining marinade; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- 2. On each of 10 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, alternately thread one shrimp, one pineapple chunk and onion. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 2 minutes. Yield: 10 servings.
1 kabob equals 68 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC