- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine lemon and lime juices. Add shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and tomatoes. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning occasionally and basting frequently with chili sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine oil and vinegar. Arrange avocados on a large platter; top with shrimp and tomatoes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Drizzle with oil mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp & Tomato Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp & Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Shrimp Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Diabetic Recipes >