Pork shoulder roast is rubbed with seasonings and grilled, creating a crispy exterior that's lip-smacking good! The meat is moist by itself but can also be topped with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each white pepper, paprika and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 16 hard rolls, split
- Barbecue sauce, optional
- Combine seasonings; rub over roast. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan with 1 in. of water. Grill roast, covered, over medium-low heat for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun; serve with barbecue sauce if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Shredded Pork Barbecue in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p216
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Shredded Pork Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review