This recipe was a collaboration between my son and I. He wanted to enter a contest because he aspires to be a chef someday. Although they look fancy, they're easy to make. [Editor's Note: This recipe won 3rd place in Healthy Cooking's Summer Sizzle Grilling Contest] —Lorna McFadden, Port Orchard, Washington
Recommended: 42 Recipes to Boost Your Vitamin D
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons sesame ginger marinade, divided
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute peas in butter and honey until crisp-tender. Add oranges and cashews; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Brush tuna with 2 tablespoons marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- Brush tuna with remaining marinade; serve with rice and snap pea mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sesame Orange Tuna Steaks in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p36